Review: Seche Vite Top Coat

IMG_1380

If I told you a miracle top coat exists, would you have believed me? Maybe if I asked you that 20 years ago, you might not. But these days, with improved research, development and technology to produce so many wonders, a miracle top coat would not sound impossible. And in my honest opinion, after using it, I have to say that Seche Vite dry fast top coat, is a miracle wonder! True to its purpose, it does dries off the thickest polish in a amazingly short period of time. Also, it does well in smoothing out the streaks and the ‘bumps’ from the my nail art designs. What more can you ask from a top coat? :)

IMG_1381

However, nothing in this world is over perfect and the same applies to this top coat. It does have its ‘flaws’. I’m not sure if you can read the description from the picture above, but it says; “WARNING! This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or reproductive harm.” So, apparently the harmful chemical is called Toluene, and you probably have to inhale a lot of it to get poisoned or to even affect your body. I’d take my chances with it, because disclaimers like this are usually to discharge the liability, in case someone was stupid enough to drink or inhale the bottle. And speaking of inhaling, I have to admit that the top coat does have a bit stronger chemical smell compared to the rest.

All in all, this top coat is one that I cannot live without. I have never gotten bed nails and my polishes these days are so flawless. (Well, almost. It would sometimes smeared the black dots because they are not dry yet. So I’ll recommend you to do quick swipes or wait for the polish to dry and then, only apply the top coat,)

No comments:

Post a Comment