Lou Shi Fun [Mouse Noodles] – I made these for lunch.

IMG_1171

This morning I just wasn’t in the mood for breakfast. Water was a a good substitute, well until 11 am that is. I woke up around 8ish this morning, a very ungodly time indeed when everyone else is fast asleep till 12 pm. I couldn’t fall back to sleep, not today at least.

When I finally decided that I wanted to eat breakfast, I realized it was close to lunch time then. Brunch, it is! But mommy just started eating her breakfast. So, she suggested that I cook lunch. Of course, I’m up for it. Yes, that is despite the very fact that I am indeed a bad cook. 

Cooking proved to be a good therapy but somehow, midways I find myself staring blankly at the wok. I was obviously thinking while cooking. Thanked God Mom kept talking to me, subtly reminding me that I was cooking.

Can you imagine me juggling between cooking and taking photographs? Thanked God, I didn’t burn lunch. Plus I didn’t want to use the Auto mode on my camera, the pictures taken using that mode usually are over-exposed.

God, I love taking photographs of food.  They are so photogenic, but of course I had to adjust things a little.  Add some spring onions to bring out the color of the toppings. Add some black sauce to the noodles to make it look less bland. Yeah, you get my point.

It seems like my cooking is getting better. I’ve always been interested in cooking but (last time) all my mom would let me do was help her in the cooking preparations; like washing the vegetables and all. That just killed all my interest in cooking. Assisting is so not my thing, I’d rather be the one cooking.  Which explains why I do (sort of) enjoy cooking now. I still loathe the preparations part of cooking.

But still, I’m dabbling with cooking because as the saying goes; the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Haha. Though, I so wouldn’t mind if a guy can cook. Then, we could like experiment with crazy food ideas and make a mess in the kitchen. Ah, what a nice daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment