Klang’s Best Kept Secret?

Klang is obviously synonymous to none other than its famed Bak Kut Teh. So, when my dad said that there actually other good food in Klang, I was obviously skeptical about it. Even more skeptical I was, when dad brought us to a almost empty coffee shop. All that was in sight was a ‘pau steamer’ and a dozen empty tables.

IMG_4397

=.= I actually had this expression on. I mean we’re eating ‘paus’?! I hate them! They are like tasteless carbohydrates! And all this changed, of course after I tasted the paus here.

IMG_4390

This is the Sambal Chicken Pau. It is so damn good. There is huge chunks of chicken meat in this, they are very generous with their fillings. The sambal itself wasn’t too spicy, it’s more towards the Chinese style version.

IMG_4392

And this is Sang Yuk Pau. I’m sorry for the blurry picture, I was too hungry to get nice shots. :D Anyway, can you see the yam popping out of the pau? The paus obviously comes with generous fillings! So value for money.

IMG_4424  This is their best seller, Curry Tai Pau. I was so surprised to find out that there was small silver bowl inside filled with curry chicken. This explains why it costed more the the usual ‘tai pau’ around KL. And can I just add that the curry chicken is better than anywhere I have eaten? It’s so rich in taste and really, just the smell of it can make you salivate.

IMG_4385 Their ‘tong sui’ is also quite good. Although it is called ‘tong shui’, it is not actually very sweet. Suitable for health conscious freaks like yours truly. This is the red bean one and there is more than just red bean in it. There is yam and longan. You get more than what you expected!

This place is really full of surprises despite its nondescript, typical, classic coffee shop look. Well, the cliché; don’t judge a book by its cover never really applies in real life anyway. So, where is it exactly? Details are as follow.

Klang Food Centre
10, Jln Batai Laut 5,
Tmn Intan, Klang,
Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone : 603-3342 8122

And oh, I managed to grab some shots of the pricing menu. Enjoy!

Copy of IMG_4398

IMG_4398

No comments:

Post a Comment