Find Penang Homestay Rentals.

These days we can rent just about anything; cars, rooms, houses, bags, clothes and now, homestay? Well, you read that right, it is homestay that you can rent. Have you ever heard of a homestay programme before?

home·stay (\ˈhōm-ˌstā\), : a stay at a residence by a traveller and especially by a visiting foreign student who is hosted by a local family

That was the definition of homestay from the Merriam-Webster dictionary. But these days, homestay aren’t just limited to foreign students. In fact, I’ve been on a homestay programme before and I got to stay in a ‘kampung’ house. I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but it was a bad experience for me as the house was filthy and dirty.

My semester break is just round the corner and I might be planning a trip to Penang. I was considering in staying in a hotel, well, that was at least until I stumbled upon Penang Homestay’s website. Now, I have decided homestay was the way to go. Why the sudden change of mind, you ask?

caribilik 

Well, you see, the homestay I’m talking about is not the usual homestay programme or what not. It’s basically a short term rental of a room or a house, if you’re travelling in a big group. Take this condominium I spotted for example.

cats1

It’s a resort condominium, full with various facilities with 3 fully furnished bedrooms. I think it would fit a family of 5 comfortably. The idea is that instead of booking probably two or three hotel rooms, you can actually rent a condo unit for a few days. There is much more privacy and of course, you don’t have to cramp in a shoe box. I recall, my parents renting a condo unit before; I think it’s nicer that way than to stay in hotels. Plus, you’ll actually save some money. Guess how much the rental of this unit is?

cats2

Tada! Only RM 300, daily. That is way cheaper than a lot of hotel rooms! I mean if we’re talking about a family of 5.  Based the screenshot captured from the website, you can actually check the availability of the unit. Yeap, how convenient, right?

Pssst, I checked the unit for June. And it’s available after my exams, where do you think I’ll be heading to then? :)

Till next time, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment