Yellow Polka Dotted Nails; DIY steps.

I’ll be honest and say that I have left my nails bare, naked for a few weeks or so, since I have absolutely no inspirations or even the mood to do them. Too much have happened; I’m dealing with my best friend leaving, exams and what not. But, one fine day, I just did my nails. It was one of the most simple nail art, something anyone could have done. Polka dotted nails!

IMG_9078

I thought it would be too much to paint the whole nail and make it polka dotted hence, I did it in a somewhat similar way of a French manicure. I didn’t paint any nude polish, I merely painted the tips with Etude House yellow polish and dotted them with a black polish also from Etude House.

IMG_9088Closer look at the nails.

As you can see, the lines are not really neat as I would like them too only because of the stickers I used this time around. Like I mentioned earlier, this is a super simple nail art, hence the stickers I used are really common and you wouldn’t need to buy them from any nail specialty shop even.

For this post, I have decided to include a few DIY steps since the nail art is really really simple! You even can do it now.

Polka Dotted Nails

You’ll need:

  1. Two nail polish of any colour of your choice (One for the base and another for the dots)
  2. Tooth picks
  3. Reinforcement rings (the sticker you use when your punched paper is tearing apart)

IMG_9094Oh, yeaaa. That is all you need. It is really that simple.

IMG_9074Ta-da! This is the amazing stickers I used for to help me outline the tips of my nails. You’ll just need to stick it on your nails like how I did it here.

Tip: Do press on the edges, if not the outline would not be neat as seen in the second picture above.

IMG_9099And this is how the polka dot is done using a toothpick; you don’t need a dotting tool specially for dots as the toothpick works fine!

  1. Firstly you’ll need to coat the toothpick with your desired nail polish till it forms a huge glob (like in the picture).
  2. Then, you’ll just need to lightly press against your nail. I demonstrated this on a piece of paper (since my nails were done already) to show you that the dot created will slightly bulge out.

Tip: Give it some time to dry before you apply a top coat. Also, a thick nail polish is preferably to be used, since it wouldn’t drip so easily. :)

IMG_9087

IMG_9082

Somehow, my nails remind me of a band aid that I have conveniently plastered on the tip on my nails. Haha. If it is not that, it also reminds me of leopard prints. :)

What does it remind you of? If you have any questions, don’t be shy to drop a comment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment