CNY: The Snake Year 2013

It’s Chap Goh Meh today, which means it’s the last day of the Chinese New Year already. Happy Chap Goh Meh, to all celebrating and good luck with the tossing of mandarin oranges? Haha. I personally don’t celebrate this day. So, it’s a pretty quiet usual day for me and so I managed to sit myself down to come up with a short post of what went down during my Chinese New Year.

* * * * * * * * * *

As with the Chinese New Year, the reunion dinner is one of the most important meal for the family. :) It’s sort of the grandest meal we would have, or one that would be prepared. This year, we opted to eat in, with the parents cooking up a storm and my aunt made a huge ass delicious Yee Sang. This year, no fancy designs for the Yee Sang but we had abalone slices, instead of salmon.

20130209-IMG_7294The hugest Yee Sang who can possibly get.

20130209-IMG_7300Our 6 course meal with close up pictures below. :D

20130209-IMG_7261‘Pak Cham Kai’

20130209-IMG_7276Braised Mushrooms with Brocolli

20130209-IMG_7258Fried ‘Nam Yee’ Pork

20130209-IMG_7266Fried ‘wantans’

20130209-IMG_7297Curry Butter Prawns

20130209-IMG_7269Leeks with ‘Siew Yuk’, in ‘Nam Yee’ sauce.

That was all the awesome good food I had for reunion dinner, homecooked by the parents. Then, we headed to the temple to pray after dinner, it’s an annual thing. Came home and there were fireworks played in the neighbourhood. So much, that it almost sounded like a warzone. The brother wanted to have a closer look at them, so we walked around until we saw this neighbour with huge boxes of fireworks (x5). Yes, five whole boxes. Since I had my camera with me, I tried to shoot them. Which was pretty easy to shoot with an S90 because there was a scene mode for Fireworks. Basically point and shoot, and gorgeous pictures! Ta-da. Haha.

IMG_7388IMG_7383IMG_7372IMG_7361

On the first day of the new year, I did my nails with a CNY theme in mind (here is the post; CNY nails!) and I shot #6 for | project 52, taking inspiration from my favourite peach wired headband and my curly hair. Here are some fun shots from that mini shoot.

peach

Met my cutest, favourite nephew, the handsome Darren on the second day. So adorable he deserves a blown up picture.

20130211-IMG_7573

* * * * * * * * * *

This post pretty much sums up how the Chinese New Year was for me, being able to celebrate on the first three days only because I started working on the fourth day. I wish I have been able to see my college friends, it’s been some time since I last saw the girls. :/ I’m still trying to get used to this whole work life balance. Wish me luck on that, and till next time! Will try to keep updating the blog whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment