Swatch: OPI’s Just Spotted A Lizard

I’m just going to start this post with a note first. I have actually bought this nail polish, a long long time ago. Approximately around the time The Amazing Spider-man movie came out in mid-year 2012. I know, that must have been months. No, it is months ago. =.= I have somehow never found the time to swatch this polish, until today I have decided, “Hey, I’m going to swatch this now.”

And I’m in love.

No, really. If you haven’t heard or seen the swatches for this amazing polish, you will fall in love with it now. This polish is actually part of OPI’s The Amazing Spider-man collection. Hence, Just Spotted A Lizard – you’ll probably get it if you watched the movie. Anyways, the polish is a gorgeous duochrome with a gold greenish hue. Just lovely.

20130310-IMG_7981

20130310-IMG_7991

Review: As always, OPI’s formulation has been pretty consistent with a smooth application and the usual thick brush. Two coats would be sufficient, but I like my nails to be painted with three coats, so my nails (as pictured) have three coats. It is a slightly metallic polish, so you can see the streaks but this is not obvious unless you start scrutinizing it. 

20130310-IMG_7997

20130310-IMG_7988

I think it’s worth noting that this polish is actually a dupe for Chanel’s Peridot. Chanel’s Peridot is just love love at first sight. I stumbled upon pictures of it, way back in 2011 and I just fell straight in love. (You can check it out here.)

20130310-IMG_7994

20130310-IMG_7999

No comments:

Post a Comment