Lilac Encounter: Launch of Roses de Chloé

Advert

Growing up as a teenager and then when I’m in my twenties, I have never been one to fancy perfumes. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I’m against wearing perfumes or I am allergic to them, but rather I tend to forget to wear them out. I’m always in a rush! I was at the recent launch of Roses de Chloé, (thanks to The Lilac Box for the exclusive invite) where Chloé Fashion House has launched their latest perfume inspired by lovely roses.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I had a whiff of the Roses de Chloé perfume and it was so easy to fall straight in love with the scent. It was the refreshing scent that hits the right notes, smelling like freshly cut roses with the stem still moist and petals so soft. I read Heiresses by Lulu Taylor before and since it was about perfumes, I got some of my perfume education from reading the book. I know of the three stages of the smell of the perfume (I did a quick Google search and found that these three stages are called the perfume “notes”).

Here’s an excerpt from an online article I found on perfumes;

“Because perfumes evaporate it leaves three stages of “notes” – impressions left behind in some sort of lingering scent. The top note is the immediate scent you’ll notice when you smell the perfume at first, and it doesn’t last long. The next note is the heart note, the “essence” of the perfume that helps people understand what the perfume is about. Finally, the base note is the last stage – this one gives the main fragrant message.” - [source]

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So, what are the notes for the Roses de Chloé perfume? The top note is derived from bergamot, with the heart of the note being the Damascena rose essence combined with magnolia. The base note, the scent left on the skin is white musk and amber (the signatures scent from Chloé). I know it’s a bit difficult to imagine the scent just from the my description but personally, it was one of those perfume that I won’t get bored from smelling too often of. First whiff of ‘freshly cut roses’, what’s there not to love. I love the lingering ‘after scent’ much more than the first whiff though.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Meet the gorgeous boxed Roses de Chloé perfume. Pictured above is the 50ml one. If you’re interested to get a whiff of the perfume, it’ll be available in October 2013 onwards at the beauty counters. Other than Roses de Chloé perfume, there will be shower gel, body lotion and deodorant of the scent if you can’t get enough of it. The pricelist is as follows;

Roses de Chloé EDT 30ml – RM198

Roses de Chloé EDT 50ml – RM293

Roses de Chloé EDT 75ml – RM360

Roses de Chloé Shower Gel 150ml – RM150

Roses de Chloé Body Lotion 150ml – RM185

Roses de Chloé Deodorant 100ml – RM135

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And here are some pictures from the launch party, where they had a really beautiful display of freshly cut roses dangling downwards. It was so pretty, it called for a photo opportunity!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Meet the signature Chloé scent, which was launched a couple of years back which have been a hit with the ladies back then and still is. The launch was the first time i had a whiff of it, and it smells so good! Well, I have always been a fan of roses and the Chloé perfume was mostly roses essence based.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And here I am at the Roses de Chloé photo wall, couldn’t resist getting a picture of the bouquet of roses we made along with my favourite dress! Love <33 Thanks, Fish for snapping this lovely picture.

* * * * * * * * * *

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So, will you be anticipating for the arrival of the Roses de Chloé perfume? You should, because it’s so easy to love a rose based scent. October can’t come sooner! :)

* * * * * * * * * *

&. Thanks to The Lilac Box for the invitation as a Lilac Blogger and Chloé for having me. +

No comments:

Post a Comment