Eat: Ben’s, Bangsar Shopping Centre

The last time I went to Ben’s could have been more than a year ago, I don’t remember exactly when but it definitely has been a year or so since my last visit. But I can remember exactly what I had during my last visit, it was their Golden Soft-Shell Crab Spaghetti. Other than that, I have only tasted their Chunky Chicken Mushroom Pie which I found the dough too thick.


This time around, I’m back at Ben’s with the Nuffnang Tastebuddies’s bloggers which coincidentally was all ladies! It was a very casual session where we all ordered one mains of our choice, one salad and a few desserts for sharing. So, you’ll see pictures of all the food we ordered that day but I won’t be able to comment on all except on what I had. So, shall we begin?

* * * * * * * * * *


Deconstructed Thai Beef Salad | RM27

Kicking things off, we had the Deconstructed Thai Beef Salad which was presented in a burst of gorgeous colours that you wouldn’t think could be eaten. The colours look so vibrant and they comprised of raw veggies (ulam style) and a generous stacks medium rare beef, along with thai chili sauce. 

Deconstructed Thai Beef Salad | Close up on the veggies

Deconstructed Thai Beef Salad | RM27

This salad is unlike others, it is an asian fusion one. If you love a mash of clashing flavours, you will love this. The beef was very tender and nice, eaten along with everything on the plate.

Teriyaki Salmon with Sesame Seed Crust | RM40

For my mains, I decided on Teriyaki Salmon with Sesame Seed Crust. I had not realised that this salmon dish was also a steak and I was got caught by surprise when the waitress asked how I wanted it to be like. Because by impulse, I said well done only to regret it five minutes later when I realised I ordered salmon. =.=” I don’t know if this is me being indecisive or what. 

Teriyaki Salmon with Sesame Seed Crust | RM40

When it arrived, it was served with a very green healthy looking salad and rice topped with ebiko goodness! That was a very lovely surprise, I have always loved ebiko! The salmon steak was placed over teriyaki sauce. 

Teriyaki Salmon with Sesame Seed Crust | RM40

The best way to eat it is with the salmon, rice mixed with ebiko bits and the teriyaki sauce. I found the seame seed crust quite unique and it was crispy. But if I had a choice, I would order my steam done, medium rare next time.

And these are the rest of the food everyone else had;

Chunky Mushroom Soup | RM24

 Burnt Butter Wild Mushroom Salad | RM24

Burnt Butter Wild Mushroom Salad | That's blue cheese!

Golden Soft-shell Crab Spaghettini | RM24 

 Mexicana Tortilla | RM24

Mexicana Tortilla | RM24

Ben's Nasi Istimewa | RM40

Steak Frites | RM53

* * * * * * * * * *

If you dined with me before you would probably know, I don’t take desserts. I just really enjoy photographing them, and then there are those rare occasions, that I take a bite. And another bite, and another again. Then I’ll grab the plate all to myself and finish everything off the plate. I am not ashamed to admit that I did that this time, but for one of the desserts, not all.

 Sticky Date Pudding | RM14

Sticky Date Pudding | RM14

The Sticky Date Pudding was a joy to photograph, honestly anything topped with a scoop of ice cream is photogenic. I had bite of this and I thought it was lovely, the way the ice cream melts in your mouth as you chew on the pudding. Mhmm, yums.

Banoffee Sundae | RM13

I would imagine chocolate banana(s) lovers would think of this as heaven. This has banana, ice cream topped with chocolate sauce and it comes with a crispy almond biscotti. If I comment on this, it’ll be bias because I actually don’t like chocolate. No, no chocolates for me please.

Macadamia Caramel Cheesecake | RM15

And, the Macadamia Caramel Cheesecake was the winner for the day for me. The cheesecake was generously and gorgeously bathed with caramel and then topped off with chunky macadamia bits. I didn’t know I would love it enough to eat most of it, when everyone else was too full for desserts. I love cheesecake, but to marry caramel and the macadamia? I found a new heaven on earth, it’s in this cake!

Gorgeous Geisha | RM8.90

For drinks, I couldn’t decide as I always try to stay away from the cold drinks. So, I ended up looking at the selections on tea(s) they have since I didn’t fancy coffee that day. I picked the one which appeals most to me just by the name as there were no description of the tea on the menu. 

Gorgeous Geisha | RM8.90

When it arrived, it was a lovely aromatic tea but I couldn’t guess what the flavour was. Luckily, one of the bloggers knew by just smelling a whiff of it. It was strawberries! My favourite, no wonder they taste so good. :)

* * * * * * * * * *

Ben's at Bangsar Shopping Centre | The interior 

All in all, this was a really fun session with the rest of the Nuffnang Tastebuddies's bloggers. So lovely to see them girls again and meeting a couple more new bloggers. Food wise, I think you know which was the winner and my favourite. I would definitely make a trip back here for the cheesecake! SO MUCH LOVE FOR THAT CHEESECAKE.

Till next time,
xoxo



6 comments:

  1. err i dont like the cheese cake... because its too sticky and the cookie base was not not. cruchy... the caramel sauce is too thick.. lol hahah different taste but yes i love the geisha tea! strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love caramel. So technically I am super bias. Hehe, definitely different taste. I don't fancy much desserts anyway. But yes, geisha was the best! Strawberries loveee <33

      Delete
  2. it makes me go hungry with those foods ..

    ReplyDelete