Review: The Facial Sculpting Experience at Premier Clinic–Part 1

Okay, I’ll be frank with you. I mentioned briefly in one of my posts, sometime ago about having insecurities. This is something I’m sure some of you would be able to relate and really, it’s something that affects us all. For me, it used to be my body. How I’m so petite and skinny that people think I’m anorexic, how clothes don’t fit me well and it doesn’t help to hear these negative comment from my own friends. But over time, I learnt to overcome that insecurity and came to accept my body as what it is.

As much as I am able to accept that about my body, I do still feel insecure about my face. Firstly, I always feel like my face is not in proportion to my body. I’m already petite sized but yet, my face feels like “bobby head” to my body. Don’t laugh now, you’re not allowed to! But really that’s how I feel most of the time. What bugs me the most is my chubby cheeks, because of them cheeks, I always look fat or bloated at times. The picture next shows my face, taken from the flat straight angle which makes me look uhhhh, fat.


The best part about this was that I devised a technique to make my face looks sharper by manipulating the angles, my face expressions and also the play with lighting. But then again, these methods only work for my self-portraits but when I’m out with my friends, it’s difficult to do that. So, that is why I always end up looking ridiculously chubby and you’ll find me behind a camera most of the times.

I have seriously considered getting a plastic surgery to achieve that V-shaped face, because it’ll help to make me look better and I’d have more self confidence. But the thing about plastic surgery is that there is so many thing to consider; where to do it at, the cost, whether it’ll be painful, after effects of the surgery….etc.. In the end, I decided that I to hold back on doing the surgery until I find out more about it first. Bear in mind that doing the surgery would mean that it’s almost irreversible, if you somehow don’t like it later.

What I didn’t know was that there was another alternative to achieve a V-shaped face, which was through an aesthetic method of facial sculpting. This was achievable through different methods, none of which involves going under the knife and with practically no down-time or rather, healing time. Having been aware of this through my first brief visit to Premier Clinic, I returned for a second visit to get more information regarding the different methods and treatments which would address my areas of concern.


At the clinic, I met the loveliest doctor I ever had, Dr. Aarthi who took the time to consult me based on my concerns. I told her that I was concerned about my cheeks and that I wanted to have a more defined V-shaped face. Based on that, she suggested the best methods to use to help me achieve that, alongside explaining how they work.


 Me being myself, I asked a lot of questions since I’m concerned about the side effects and I do genuinely want to understand the treatments I was doing as well. And Dr Aarthi patiently explained it all to me, taking a step further to explain even more depth sometimes. Having a doctor like her puts me at ease and I know I would be able to trust her with my face. :)


For me, she recommended two treatments under Facial Sculpting which was the Botox (Botulinum Toxin) for my masseter muscle; the muscles in my cheek and Dermal Filler for my chin. The masseter muscle is the muscle we use more for chewing and for me, it was quite prominent. Hence, using Botox, it will help to shrink the muscles on both side of my cheek temporarily. This would then help to reduce the diameter of my face. As for my chin, using the filler, it will elongate my chin and thus, giving my face a more balanced look. 

After the consultation, I could then immediately proceed to have the treatments done on the same day itself which of course, I agreed to. Why delay having a sharper face? Haha. The first step before proceeding with the treatments are to apply numbing cream on face, which would help to reduce the pain later on.



Pictured above is Marcus, the Branch Manager himself, helping me with the hair net to keep my oh-so-pouffy hair in place (everybody gets with long hair gets one, btw. Not just me, because I have huge hair). Then, he also helped me to apply the numbing cream which would take about 30 mins to have any effect on the face.




As you can see, I was pretty much super excited for my treatments and I really couldn’t wait to see the end results. I would finally be able to have the face shape that I always wanted, how could I have possibly sit still. Well I did, anyway. I was placed in a special cosy room while waiting for the numbing cream to take effect. In the room, there are comfy chairs, a TV and drinks like coffee are available as well.

I would love to talk more about the treatments next, but I don’t want to bore you with all the details in one long post. So, what I have decided to do is to split the post up and I’ll save the interesting bits about the actual treatment in my next posts. Look out for that! Meanwhile, here is a picture of myself taken before the treatment, just so we can compare it next time.


* * * * * * * * * *

// Premier Clinic //
No. 31 Jalan Wan Kadir 2, Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI)
03-7732 5522 / 012-662 5522
Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 7pm


No comments:

Post a Comment