Eat : Lucky Cuisine Restaurant 吉祥料理 , Kota Damansara



The cold rainy weather we’ve been experiencing these days make it perfect for steamboat meals, especially for the spicy Sichuan type. If you’re familiar with the Sichuan cuisine, you’ll know that it has very bold flavours, especially in terms of spiciness which results from the generous use of their chilli peppers, and their very own unique flavour of Sichuan pepper. People of Sichuan are very fond of hot and spicy taste, hence you can certainly expect this if you’re dining in an authentic Sichuan cuisine here in Malaysia.



Recently, I have just discovered of a gem where in addition to serving authentic Sichuan cuisine, there is also steamboat served here with soup base of authentic Sichuan spicy soup. As the name suggests, the soup is known for being extremely spicy and it’s one where the spiciness builds up gradually. There are many ingredients that goes in preparation of this soup namely the different herbs and spices, such as star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and fennel seeds, just to name a few.

These ingredients give the soup, its flavourful taste and aroma but what gives it its spicyness is the dried chillies and of course, their own signature Sichuan peppercorn. You can actually identify most of these ingredients as you’ll find them floating in the soup, that is when you know the soup is authentic. To be honest, I was pretty excited and afraid at the same time to try the soup. I took a sip and the first taste wasn’t spicy but rather you can taste the different spices used. However, as you drink and cook your food in it, you’ll start feeling a lingering numbness in your tongue. But somehow, you’ll crave for more and continue eating it. It’s almost like an addiction which you can’t stop, at least that was what happened to me.


If spicy is not your thing, there are actually many other options for soup. There are the Seafood Soup (海鲜火锅), Chinese Herbal Soup (药材滋补汤), Pickled Cabbage Fish Soup (酸菜鱼), Pork Bone Soup (猪骨清汤), Pork Herbal Soup (猪骨养生汤), Bamboo Fungus Chicken Soup (竹笙鸡汤火锅) and Mushroom Chicken Soup (野生菌锅).  When I tried the steamboat, our soup order was actually the Half Spicy & Half Non Spicy Soup where the non-spicy option was actually a combination of all the soups that I have just listed above. As funny as it seems to have a combination of all the soups, I can assure you that the soup tasted deliciously still and it was appetizing to say the least! The spicy option is of course, the Authentic Sichuan Soup (正宗四川麻辣锅) of which I have described in detail above.

Now that I have explained about the soup, let us move on to the wide-spread of choices you can have for your steamboat meal. You’ll find that Lucky Cuisine Restaurant 吉祥料理, there is over 100 items for you to choose from. It ranges from seafood, types of meat (including the innards), meatballs of different types from chicken, beef and etc.. , mushrooms, vegetables, bean curds, noodles and eggs! These are the general type of categories of items and under each category, you’ll have more options. I’ll be sharing with you some of the very interesting ingredients to the steamboat which I absolutely love.

Lamb Slice | RM16

Pork Belly | RM10

Chicken Slice | RM10

Spicy Beef Slice | RM12

Tender Beef Slice | RM12

Hunan Bacon | RM16

Scallop | RM15

Dory Fish | RM12

Sea Cucumber | RM18.80

Bamboo Fungus | RM12

Dumpling | RM8

White Beancurd Skin | RM4

Bamboo Shoots | RM8

Red Potato Noodles | RM6

The selections available at Lucky Cuisine Restaurant 吉祥料理 are actually quite vast and there are a couple of items which I found very interesting. I would highly recommend trying the Spicy Beef Slice and Tender Beef Slice, which have both been marinated using their special ingredients. For those who cannot take beef, you can give Bamboo Fungus and the Red Potato Noodles a try. These two items had a very special texture to it and I love how crunchy and chewy it was. The dumpling, although it may look like any other normal ones was actually very delicious. I found it to be rather meaty and goes well with either choices of the soup.


Sichuan Tea | RM12

Another must-try at the Lucky Cuisine Restaurant 吉祥料理 is their authentic Sichuan Tea, which is made from buckwheat. The tea is different from the usual Chinese tea you're probably familiar with. This one is lighter in terms of body of the tea, but actually is more fragrant and tastier in my opinion. 

Sichuan Tea | RM12

This was actually my first time trying an Authentic Sichuan steamboat experience and I must confess that it was not as terrifying as it seems like, because I was initially afraid that it would be too spicy for me to handle. But this experience made me realise it’s quite tasty and you will actually crave for it. As I type this now, I’m planning my next trip over there already.

If you read this post and decided that you would like to give Lucky Cuisine Restaurant 吉祥料理, I have some vouchers to give out! I have in total FIVE vouchers with a value of RM50 each for you to give this restaurant a try. If you would like to win the voucher, kindly share my post on your FACEBOOK, please set to public and copy the link to your Facebook share. Then, complete your entry by leaving a comment on this post with the following details; NAME, EMAIL, CONTACT NUMBER. I’ll drop you an email to arrange for the voucher to be sent to you or picked up from me. Each person is entitled to win one voucher only. :)

* * * * * * * * * *

// Lucky Cuisine Restaurant 吉祥料理 //
No. 19, Jalan PJU 5/12,
Kota Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
03-61407755

* * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment