Beauty : Trying the Curél Sebum Care Trial Kit, by Kao!


Growing up, I’ve had my fair share of sensitive skin episodes where I found out the hard way that I’m allergic to excessive chlorinated water. The skin exposed to those water would itch so badly that I needed to take medication or apply calamine lotion. Besides that, I also suffer from exfoliative keratolysis, where the skin on my palm and feet would peel, most of the time for no reason at all. It took me years before I realised that the products I was using was not suitable for my skin.


From this experience, I realised the importance of using the right product which is suited for sensitive skins. It was something I had overlooked and thinking back, if only I had known it earlier…. I wouldn’t have to go through those episodes. Sensitive skin is actually caused by a lack of ceramide, which is an essential ingredient in the skins as it helps to replenish moisture between the skin cells. Ceramides are naturally found within our skins, however sometimes our body don’t produce enough of it, leading us to have ceramide-deficient skin. When this happens, our skin is likely to be aggravated by external irritation, causing problems like dryness, chapping, redness and itch.

This is how I found out about Curél, a dermatologist-recommended skincare formulated with hydrating and moisture-retaining Ceramide Care, specially formulated for sensitive skincare needs. Curél is Japan’s No. 1 leading brand for sensitive Asian skin, brought to you by Kao. The Curél skincare range have just been made available recently in Malaysia. Their products ranges from skincare, to even body care products also… providing us the complete solution for those who has sensitive skin at different parts of the body, like myself.

There are three different type of product range which is Intensive Moisture Face Care Series, Intensive Moisture Body Care Series and Sebum Care series. The Intensive Moisture Face Care Series has the ceramide functioning ingredient which helps to restores moisture in the skin, helping to resists external irratation… resulting in healthy and beautiful skin. On the other hand, the  Intensive Moisture Body Care Series has a complete line of products which includes body wash, moisturizing and UV protection products to restore the healthy skin and defend against external irritants.



Personally, I have never heard of this brand and their range of products before which is why I am quite excited to give it a try especially the Sebum Care series, as my face is the combination type of skin with an oily T-zone. The products in the Sebum Care series help with controlling excess sebum secretion and helping to strengthen the skin for a calmer skin throughout the day.


Whenever I’m trying new products, I’d prefer to get samples or use a trial version. Thankfully Curél has a trial kit for each of the series I mentioned above, but as I’m interested in the Sebum Care series,  I opted for the Curél Sebum Care Trial Kit. The trial kit consists of three products in the Sebum Care series which is the Foaming Wash (90ml), Sebum Care Lotion (30ml) and Sebum Care Moisture Gel (30ml). So it’s basically a three step process – cleanse, tone and moisturise.


Curél Sebum Care Foaming Wash is gentle on the skin, yet refreshing using the foamy texture to provide a cushioning against harsh cleansing motion. Two pumps on a wet face is all you need, it’s easy to wash my face with the foam. I found that my skin feel clean and refreshed after the wash, with the sebum removed from my face.




This is followed by Sebum Care Lotion, a watery like solution to help prepare the skin for better absorption of the Sebum Care Moisture Gel which is used after the lotion. I found that the lotion absorbs really quickly, leaving my skin hydrated and dewy. The formula is close to the skin’s pH to help reduce any possible irritation on the skin. Did I mentioned that it is odorless as well, so it’s perfect for those who’d prefer no fragrance product.




The last step is the Sebum Care Moisture Gel , a slightly milky liquid gel which spreads and is absorbed easily. I like how my skin felt refreshed, matt yet comfortably hydrated after applying the gel. It has the Zero-in Sebum Control technology which helps to regulate sebum secretion. Personally, I’ve noticed that the oil production on my face have reduced ever since I started using Curél Sebum Care Trial Kit. I’ve always had trouble with my T-Zone, so I’m really glad to be able to find the products to solve my problem.




If you are also facing the same issues as I am, I would really suggest you to give the Curél Sebum Care Trial Kit a try! The products are suitable for all skin types, but those with sensitive or oily skin, can benefit further from this! You can get this trial kit from 11Street which will be running a promotion from 17-27 July , so do look for it! Alternatively, you can purchase them from Lazada and Lmall as well.

By the way, the pictures above are without any make-up at all, and after using the Curél Sebum Care Trial Kit for a week! I’ll leave it to you to decide just how amazing this product is for your skin! If this range is not suitable for you, you can also consider Intensive Moisture Face Care Series.


For more information on these Curél products, you can head on to the official website of Kao Malaysia >> http://www.kao.com/my/ or check out their social media links as follows ;
// Curel Official site : http://www.kao.com/my/curel/index.html //

Till next time,
xoxo
















No comments:

Post a Comment