Out & About : Newest Japanese Variety Shop in Mont Kiara, Meet Tokuya!


Malaysians are introduced to Japanese varieties store by the likes of Daiso first, when it was just RM5 before GST was implemented. Years later we have shops like Miniso and Yubiso as well, but with a slightly different business model. These shops sell a variety of different products at a reasonably attractive prices, as compared to Daiso where the prices are fixed. And now we have even more options with the addition of TOKUYA, another variety shop based in the neighborhood of Mont Kiara, in the new building of Plaza Arcoris. 



From my visit to TOKUYA recently during their grand opening, I found that the concept of TOKUYA differs from the usual. With the concept of being "purposely unique", it aims to carry and sell products which serves their purposes and yet, it's distinct, where it stands out from the usual. As I browsed through the aisle and the racks of products, I can't help but be amused at the myriad options of different products available for sale.


The products are of different categories of items such as household, kitchenware, beauty, organization, pets, stationery, cosmetics, hardware, cleaning, hygiene, gardening and many others. I found out that there are actually 20,000 products for sale in the shop, so I can be sure that you’ll be spoilt for choices! Trust me, I spent probably my first hour going round and round the aisles, trying to decide what to get. You can’t help but be spoilt for choices when you’re there.


As I was going around, I got an idea to share with you on my unique finds whilst I was there. That way you’re able to gauge what kind of items TOKUYA has to offer. I do need to mention that since most, if not all of their products are from Japan, the packaging has Japanese words all over it. That can be quite tricky, in my honest opinion as most of us don’t understand the language. But having said that, most of the items are self-explanatory and there are always pictures / illustrations to help you with it.

* * * * * * * * * *

So, without further ado, let me show you what are some of my top picks that I have found.












These are really just a handful of the products available, trust me it’s best for you to come and see it for yourself. TOKUYA is located on the lower ground floor, so you’ll need to head down from the escalator from the outdoor park to arrive at the store. There is a water feature fountain right in front of the store, so do look out for that. Once you see that, most likely you have arrive at the variety store wonderland of TOKUYA!

* * * * * * * * * *

TOKUYA
// LG1-06 & 07, Arcoris Plaza Mont’ Kiara, Jalan Kiara //
//03-6411 2082 //
Open 10am – 10pm daily
// https://www.facebook.com/TOKUYAMY/ //


No comments:

Post a Comment