Beauty : All About the Althea’s Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser


In my latest post, I shared about how Althea have been on a roll, churning out beauty products one after another. It amazes me so much in terms of how the efficient the production line is from the idea to the concept to the R&D and of course, the final result! Althea has introduced yet another product which is the Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser which combines both a cleanser and serum! I’ll elaborate more on this cleanser in my review below but just wanted to share the links to all the other reviews of the Althea’s products here.



What is it?



It’s designed as a cleanser and serum which helps to remove make-up and impurities. The product dubbed as a beauty superhero by Althea whisks away makeup, dirt, and oil with mint extracts. The serum-like formula ensures that the skin stays cool and hydrated throughout the day with the dual moisture cell system the product was designed with. This product is gentle on the face and hence, it’s suitable for sensitive skin and helps balance the pH levels of the skin to keep it working in tip-top shape!

How to use?


The instructions have stated that the product is meant to be used by firstly wetting your face and then applying the product in small amounts. Then gently massage in circular motions for 5-10 seconds before rinsing off with water.

Thoughts


When it comes to the removal of make-up, we have seen the evolution of such cleanser as well as the many different variations of it. This version feels like it’s closer to micellar water where it’s clear, looks like water and feels like it as well. Of course, it’s not just water and when you apply the product on your face, you’ll find the make up dissolving.


To test how well it removes make up, I did a simple experiment with a cotton pad soaked with the product and a face with moderate make up on. I tested this specifically on my eye area, where I wore eyeshadow and eyeliner. What I did next was just to simply swipe the cotton soaked pad over my eyes.

To my absolute surprise, I would say close to all my eye make up was removed with just one swipe! I’m indeed impressed that the product was able to do so because it’s fast and effective, very much suitable after a long day and you just want to be in your bed, sleeping.

My only complaint is that because it has mint element in it, it actually stings a bit when the product gets into parts of your inner eye. If used with caution, I believe you can minimize this, hut however I would say it’s not feasible so my recommendation is instead to use it at other parts of your face.


Where to buy?


You can get it directly from the Althea’s site and I have included the link here for your ease; Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser | S$ 11.00  or  Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser | RM35.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment