Three, oh, three! ; My 1st Driving Lesson

God. Driving manual is tiring and oh-so-stressful, especially when it is your first time driving, and your instructor who speaks Cantonese (and you understand about 80% of what he says only) lets you drive the tiny red Kancil around roads which have cars parked on both sides of the road, making a three lane road into one and then asking you to drive on the highway without giving much notice in advance and you suddenly find yourself caught amongst all these gigantic, mean, fast moving cars and you just started learning to handle the clutch, brake, accelerator, gear one, gear two, gear three and signals about an hour plus ago – your mind keeps questioning you, “What the hell are you doing?”.

Oh, yea. That was kind of half of what happened today during my first lesson. Honestly when my instructor, Micheal came to pick me up, I have no idea what to expect from the first lesson. I thought maybe I’ll just listen to some boring chatter about the mechanics of the car. Well, he did that too; you know explaining about the gears and clutch.. bla bla bla. When he was done, he muttered something that sounded like, “Okay, now it’s your turn to drive.”

I was like, “WHAAAAAAAAAAATTT? So fast? Now?!”

So, there I sat at the driver’s seat and for the first time, I started the engine and the car moved. Haha, before dying off about 3 times, that is. But eh, I ‘mati engine’ only three times on my first lesson. I think that is pretty good, plus the Kancil didn’t mati engine when I was driving, it died when I tried to start driving. Oh, yea. I guess that makes me a pretty good first time driver. Can’t wait for my next lesson tomorrow.

And I think I heard a sigh from Micheal when I told him I wanted another lesson tomorrow. Man, I suck?

No comments:

Post a Comment