Review: Sally Hansen’s Miracle Cure Strengthener

sally hansen miracle cure nail strengthener

I hope I do not sound like I’m boasting if I say that I am thankful to be blessed with hard nails; my nails generally don’t break off easily but they do chip and the edges do crack if I’m doing too much house chores. So, when it comes to things like that, product like the Sally Hansen Miracle Cure Strengthener should come in handy. After all, it is supposed to strengthen my nails and prevent it from chipping.

IMG_4633

Review:

  • Brush – First thing I realised about the product was that the brush is long and ridiculously small. Hence, making it harder to apply it on your nails. Especially on the thumb. What more when the instructions given was to apply thin layers. I won’t say it is impossible but it is tough and it’ll need sometime getting used to it.
  • Smell – If you have a bottle of Seche Vite Top Coat and think that it stinks, well, this smells even worse. I have no idea why it smells so bad, could be the chemical used? I sure hope it’s safe.
  • Like I mentioned earlier, I have pretty hard nails so it’ll be hard to judge, for me if the products really works. Somehow after applying the product, it looked like just a shiny coat for my nails. I am not sure if the product works to strengthen the nails (so that the nails will be stronger?) or that it prevents the nails from breaking and chipping because the shiny coat forms a layer that binds and holds the nail together. I think it’s more of the latter, a layer to protect the nails.
  • As such, I used this product as a base coat. But it is not recommended because like I mentioned earlier, it forms a layer. And so, if this product is used as a base coat, you can basically peel the whole polish off your nails.

This is a product I wouldn’t recommend, because I do have another nail strengthener which I use and I personally found them to work really well. That one is from The Face Shop and is much cheaper by one-third compared to Sally Hansen. (Will probably do a review for that soon! Watch out for that.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment