Snaps: Chow Kit Market in Monochrome

A couple of days ago, I blogged about trying Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee for the first time ever in the Chow Kit area. (Funny thing was that although the pan mee wasn’t fantastic, I find myself craving for them now). I was around the Chow Kit area for another round of street shooting with a couple friends, it’s one of Robin’s favourite place to shoot.

As we were making our way to the pan mee shop, the skies were gloomy and I was worried it might rain. Even though, we were shooting indoors (inside the market), I know the pictures would turn out greyish, so I thought to myself, if it did rain, I would just shoot in black and white. That’s an easy way out, and shall I add lazy too?

It didn’t rain in the end after our breakfast. In fact, the sun was shinning gloriously, for which I am extremely thankful for. We managed to shoot the streets leading to the market and then at the market itself. I was told the market would be worse than the Pudu one, but honestly I still think Pudu is awful. I have yet to shoot there, but I have been there with my parents and it’s always so crowded inside there. Chow Kit is less crowded but it could have been due to the public holiday.

I had not intended to post process my pictures into black and white initially, but I did not like the colours as it was when I captured them. In most of the pictures below, I found the coloured version too distracting from what the picture was supposed to convey or feel. (I mean these are in my opinions at least.) 

I will post another set of pictures from the streets of Chow Kit in colour, look out for that other post. That is very colourful!

* * * * * * * * * *




(Uncle has a hammer like Thor!)







* * * * * * * * * *

Pictures from this set is shot with the Olympus EPL5, Olympus 45mm f/1.8 ED M.Zuiko Digital and Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 in RAW format, post-processed using Adobe Lightroom. Will be posting up the other colourful set, sometime next week. :D

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen,
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful images of life in the street.
    Happy shooting this coming weekend and have fun.
    John Ragai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      Thanks for dropping by my blog. :) I see you're an Olympus user too! :D

      Delete
    2. Hi Carmen,
      I am also a streetshooter beside my normal Church event. I used both Nikon D7000 and Olympus OMD. You may see more of me in my blog.

      Delete
    3. I have! Love the waterfall picture by the way, so breathtaking. :)

      Delete
  2. your approach toward your subject in street photo are pretty close,getting used to it already?haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, for this I was using the 45mm in a rather tight space. So it appears rather close up.

      Delete
    2. for that young guy smiling at young, 90mm is still pretty close,go to tighter place then,haha

      Delete