Snaps: Macro Shooting at Butterfly Park, Kuala Lumpur

Before I go on about the macro shoot at the Butterfly Park, I have to share with you something awful that happened to me a week ago. As someone who photographs a lot, I have a horrible back up system. Actually, I don’t even have a back up system in place. I have all my photos and my LR catalogues stored in one, just one HDD with the last backup in November 2013. After every shoot I transfer all my pictures into that one HDD, and wipe my memory cards clean. Then, one day, my HDD crashed. I can access my files but they wouldn’t load and I can’t extract them from the HDD. I could send it to a data recovery centre but it’ll cost, maybe about RM200-RM300 (or more) to recover 1TB of data.

I’m thorn, honestly. This incident left me rather heartbroken, that I didn’t touch my camera for a week or so. I was pretty much upset during this entire time, and I only have myself to blame. I’m probably going to try to send the HDD to the centre but if it cost me too much, I am all ready to forgo everything in that HDD. So, basically I have start afresh. From all of my catalogues, to taking new pictures… Sighs.

I worked on the pictures from this macro shoot at Butterfly Park before the HDD crashed, so I have the post-processed pictures (and resized) but not the originals or the edits done in Lightroom. So, here it is.

* * * * * * * * * *












* * * * * * * * * *

All pictures were all shot with Olympus EPL-5 handheld with the Olympus M.Zuiko 60mm F2.8 macro lens; ISO 200 and an aperture between f/4 to f/10. Flash was fired remotely in some of the pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah, thanks dear! Still learning how to shoot macro and the little insects.

      Delete
  2. Handheld, wow! Good job, Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom! Handheld because no tripods were allowed. :) Thanks! :D

      Delete