Review : Althea’s Box Collection –The Glitter Box


Do you remember a few years ago, there was a beauty box trend where you subscribe to a monthly box subcriptions and every month, you’ll receive a box of beauty products of samples sizes? That trend have since died down, thank goodness for that. I remember receiving a few boxes and to be honest, those products were given at random and most of the items were not even suitable for me. I ended up having a pile of beauty products samples which I will never use.

But before you decided never again to try beauty boxes, let me enlighten you with the specially curated boxes from everyone’s favourite Korean beauty website; ALTHEA. Unlike those monthly subscription boxes, these boxes from ALTHEA have specific theme behind each of the box. The box I have received is called the Glitter Box,  so it’ll have all the sparkly and glitter products for that fancy night out or for that extra sparkle. Other themes of the boxes released are like Base Makeup, Pore Care, Year-end Party, Life-Proof and etc.!

With these themes in mind, the beauty fairies at ALTHEA specially handpicked beauty products which matches this theme. Take for example The Glitter Box; in the box there were glitter pigments, contouring highlighter, glow liquid eyeshadows and other products. (I’ll detail them out below). But you get the idea basically that the products in these boxes are selected to match the theme. These boxes are released on every month and is usually sold out within days, if not hours because there are extremely limited in quantities and really affordable too.

The boxes contains anywhere from 6 - 12 full-size products depending on the theme and value. You can head on over to http://my.althea.kr/althea-box to see all the previous “SOLD OUT” boxes and you’ll notice that these boxes are usually priced at RM100+ , which is about approximately 70% off (plus minus)of the actual cost of all the products in the boxes (if bought individually).


When my box arrived, I was pretty excited to try it out especially since there were so many items in my boxes. Here are the 7 items from my Glitter Box. The Glitter Box is already sold out but you can check it out here anyway >> http://my.althea.kr/althea-box-glitter-box.

  1. ABBAMART : Brown Smoky Palatte
  2. ABBAMART : White Base Shadow Brush
  3. Amiok : Premium Eye Glow (#106 & #580)
  4. RiRe : Pigment (Snow White, Gold Clutch, Peachypeachy)
  5. Holika Holika : Jewel-LightWaterproof Eye Liner #Pink Topaz
  6. Aritaum : Magic Contouring Highlighter
  7. Innisfree : Self Nail Jewel Sticker

When you think of glitter make up, I’m sure you’ll think of those super bling type of make up which I can already imagine using the pigments from RiRe and the Magic Contouring Highlighter  from Aritaum, as my two main key products to use. But those make up are usually reserved for a more extravagant events, so I wanted to create a daily look using the products from my Glitter Box. I have taken close-up shot of the products that I have used, so you can have a better look at the colour and the texture of these products, including the brushes/applicator that came along with it.

| ABBAMART’s Brown Smoky Palatte |

| ABBAMART’s Brown Smoky Palatte |

 | ABBAMART’s Brown Smoky Palatte |

 | ABBAMART’s White Base Shadow Brush |

 | ABBAMART’s White Base Shadow Brush |

| Aritaum’s Magic Contouring Highlighter |

 | Aritaum’s Magic Contouring Highlighter |

| Aritaum’s Magic Contouring Highlighter |

| Holika Holika’s Jewel-LightWaterproof Eye Liner #Pink Topaz |


Ta-da! This is the final look I have created from using the three products from the box. If you noticed, the make-up is one that is subtle and suitable for an everyday look while giving you that extra glow and shimmer you need. ABBAMART’s Brown Smoky Palatte was easy to use and I found that it was easy to apply it with the shadow brush, the colour from the shadow palettes is pigmented enough for my liking (not too heavy, easier for noobs like me in case I accidentally applied wrongly).


I used the Holika Holika’s Jewel-LightWaterproof Eye Liner #Pink Topaz to line the bottom part of my eyes, as I felt that doing so will add bit more sparkle in my eyes and help to brighten my eyes too. When you do that, you’ll notice that it brings more attention to the eyes and makes your panda eyes much less noticable.

Then, for the final product, I used Aritaum’s Magic Contouring Highlighter to give me an overall glow, highlighting my best features too. This is actually my first time using a highlighter, so I will definitely try to read and watch more tutorials on using the highlighter for make up.

Now, I still haven’t been able to try the rest of the products yet and frankly I can’t wait to try the rest of them, especially the glitter pigments! So, do look out for my future make up looks and thank you for taking the time to read this post!


Till next time,
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I think althea is one of the nicest companies to subscribe beauty boxes from. I'd subscribe to an althea box if I just have enough savings ; A; still, the products you received we re so pretty and it's amazing you were able to achieve a nice look from the products!

    ♡, sera http://serandipities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete