Beauty: The SEP JEJU MASK PACK Review— Honey, Cactus, Tangerine, Green Tea


Growing up, I remember the days where I had my share of acne and skin problems during puberty. Gosh, it was such an awakward time as girls growing up and facing puberty. That time, I was naive and I didn’t actually know that there were a wide variety of beauty or skincare products to help address these problems. What I did back then, was to try out many different Do-It-Yourself (DIY) remedies to solve my acne problems. I’ve done tomato mask where I smashed raw tomatoes and placed it on my face, as I read that this will help me pimple scars. It’s hilarious thinking back those days, because the juice from the tomatoes will keep dripping down my face.



Many years later, I’ve come to discover that there are sheet masks which can help with skins problems one might have. It’s so easy with these sheet masks, just tear them open and place the mask on your face. Products used in these sheet mask can be made from natural ingredients too, like the ones that I had the pleasure to try recently from one of South Korea’s leading beauty brands, SEP. The masks I tried from SEP is their SEP Jeju Mask Pack which have four types of facial mask packs to address different skin types — they are the SEP Canola Honey Nourishing Mask, SEP Cactus Fruit Moisturizing Mask, SEP Tangerine Brightening Mask, and SEP Green Tea Soothing Mask.



With the SEP Jeju Mask Pack, you no longer need to slice tangerine and place it on your face like what I did here! It definitely wasn’t practical to do that, because the fruit slices kept dropping off and the juices kept flowing down my face. If you want to get the nutrients from natural products, then look no further with the SEP Jeju Mask Pack, which uses only concentrated clean and natural key ingredients from nature’s paradise - Jeju Island in Korea.

| This is how the mask looks like in the package, notice how soaked in essence it is. |

| Close up on the texture of the mask |

| This is to show the thickness of the mask |

The fit and the texture of the mask sheets on my face, are the the important factors that I’d always consider whenever I try sheet masks. As for the masks in SEP Jeju Mask Pack, SEP uses an innovative formula known as air pocket sheet. It is specifically designed to fit any face, the mask sheet contains small airy space on the facial mask fabric that adheres to the skin to encapsulate air and lock in the active-rich essence, providing a more effective absorption of nutrient for the skin.

I have mixed opinions on the fit of the masks, because the first two mask I tried which was the green tea and tangerine… didn’t quite fit my face that well. But the third one I tried which was the cactus fruit , had the better fit. This was probably because I took more care in ensuring that the position of the mask is placed appropriately on my face. So, a head’s up to make sure you placed the masks carefully when you use them, ya?


Now, let me share more on the four different variants of the SEP Jeju Mask Pack. Let me start of with the SEP Tangerine Brightening Mask.  This mask brightens dry and dull looking skin with Jeju tangerine and Cucumber, alongside with other natural ingredients such as Devil’s claw herb, Daisy, Edelweiss and Niacinamide. Each of these ingredients helps with brightening the skin, diminish existing pigmentation, whitening and is also anti-inflammatory.

The SEP Canola Honey Nourishing Mask is formulated with concentrated honey extract from Jeju Canola Honey that is rich in nutrients and also, aloe vera and the Centella Asiatica, known as ‘tiger grass’ which deeply nourishes and intensely hydrates the skin. Besides that, rose water, chamomile, and lavender were added into the mask offering a lovely scent. This is my favourite part of using sheet masks, is when it smells so good like the one from SEP. This helps my mind to relax after a long day at work.


One of my favourite is the SEP Cactus Fruit Moisturizing Mask because of how ultra-moisturizing this mask was, giving dry complexion a revitalizing and hydrating boost  to it. Cactus fruit actually has a high content of Vitamin C, and when combined with aloe vera, bamboo, hyaluronic acid  and basil to nourish your skin further. Additionally, oat seed  is added to the mask to gently exfoliate and cleanse your skin. Now this was very unique indeed that this oat seed was added into the mask as well. It’s my favourite mask because I’m absolutely in love with the smell of it. I actually mistaken the scent of this mask for perfume when I had the mask on. So good, that SEP can consider making this scent a perfume!


Green tea definitely have many benefits, but a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) version would proof to be quite a hassle. But thankfully, one of the mask from the SEP Jeju Mask Pack is the SEP Green Tea Soothing Mask. The Green tea extract in this mask, comforts irritated skin, resulting in healthier and more radiant-looking complexion. There is also tea tree which is anti-bacterial and has sterilisation reaction that deeply soothes the skin. On top of that, there are propolis, yam essence and lavender which help refresh and moisturize the skin, leaving it soft and supple. There was a night when my skin was visibly dehydrated and, I actually used this mask before I slept. I woke up to find my skin feeling refreshed, even I was surprised by the results!


Overall, this SEP Jeju Mask Pack is definitely one of my favourite mask pack mainly because of the formula of the essence, which is thick and feels very rich (with nutrients!). In each of the sheet mask pack, you’ll find the essence generously coating the sheet mask and there are plenty of excess in the pack as well, which makes me feel like such a waste to throw it away. So, what I do is pat it on my neck as well to help nourish the skin around my neck too.

| A teaspoon of excess essence! You know that SEP sure doesn't stinge on their products! |

You can place the SEP’s mask for approximately 10-20 minutes and remove it after. This is pretty similar to other sheet masks, but what is different with SEP’s ones is how they get absorbed by my skin, but the mask is still considerably moist. It doesn’t wrinkles up my face after application like other masks would, when the 20 minutes is up. Extra points to SEP Jeju Mask Pack ! 

Words are only words, but pictures paint a better picture right? So I decided to do a little experiment to show you the results from using the SEP mask. For this experiment, as my skin felt pretty irritated, along with a couple breakouts .... I decided to use the SEP Green Tea Soothing Mask in the hopes of calming my skin.

To really show you the results, I used my Olympus M.Zuiko ED 60mm f2.8 Macro lens to shoot. It's a bit icky, because you can see my pores, blackhead and facial hair! 😂 Please skip this picture if you think it's too much for you to handle. But the reason I'm showing you this because of how obvious the results were!

If you noticed, the skin before using the mask is noticeably dry and the pores were also larger and more obvious. But on the other hand, after using the SEP Green Tea Soothing Mask, you can see how moisturised my skin is and the pores have actually shrunk too. I'm indeed amazed that at these results, truly didn't expect it to be this obvious!



So, those are my thoughts on the SEP Jeju Mask Pack and if you’re interested to try them as well, you can purchase them from Watsons, where it is sold exclusively there for RM5.90/piece  and RM24.90/box. My advice is try each of the variant by buying them piece by piece and then only getting the boxed set. Or alternatively, you can share it with your girlfriends as well!

Till next time,
xoxo

2 comments: