Beauty: The Althea’s Christmas Wish List / Shopping Guide under S$50

With a blink of an eye, it’s December and here comes one of my favourite seasons of all time, Christmas! We are less than two weeks away from Christmas and I’ve seen the mad rush to get gifts for loved ones. While the malls may be an excellent place to start your shopping, if you’re looking to get beauty products, especially Korean ones … I know just the place for it.

Instead of joining the mad crowds, you can shop from the comfort of your own home in your PJs from Althea. For every major season of celebrations, Althea would customized their boxes to that of the respective season. This time around, of course it’ll be of Christmas theme and may just be my favourite one so far. It’s especially adorable to have the little santa at the sides of the boxes.


The Christmas Wish List under S$50

This wish list consists of my favourite top 10 picks from my all-time favourite Korean shopping site, Althea.kr. As it happens, all the items in this wish list is below the budget of S$50, but realistically 7 products are actually below S$30 and the remaining three are of a higher range, closer to S$50. I have also arranged it from the cheapest to the most expensive ones. Have a swell time shopping and do share your hauls with me!


IT'S SKIN Power 10 Formula PO Effector | S$10.00 <Shop here>

I have seen so many ladies complain and struggle about their enlarged pores and how it’s virtually impossible to minimize them. Fret not, with proper skincare regime in place, it’s actually attainable. One of the product recommended would be this PO Effector, which is a powerful serum that minimizes enlarged pores for a smooth complexion. Using Houttuynia Cordata extract, this lightweight concentrate is fast-absorbing and applies on without leaving behind any sticky residue while regulating sebum control, balancing out the moisture and oil levels of the skin. With consistent usage and proper skin care steps adopted, you’ll have more refined skin in no time.

MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream | S$14.00 <Shop here>

My sister personally uses this and highly recommended me to try it as well, which I have been meaning but haven’t got around to it. I’ve been trying to finish my existing one but really a tube of these BB cream lasts quite sometime! Hence, be sure to pick wisely and one that is suitable for you. The Missha’s version is of a nourishing formula that protects and moisturizes the skin while offering full coverage and a smooth finish. This is why it appeals to most ladies, especially those who use this as their daily make-up routine.

GUERISSON 9Complex Lifting Cream | S$14.00 <Shop here>

At close to 700 reviews on Althea with an average of 4.5 stars,  it’s obvious that this product is a star product. It’s specially formulated with German horse oil that deeply moisturises just about any part of your body, along with a whole set of other ingredients which soothes your skin’s irritations as well as has brightening properties which reduce scars and pigmentation, making you look glowy and radiant.
From the reviews, it appears that many happy customers have been mentioned on how effective it has been for them and with such a price point, it’s hard to give this product a miss. Your loved ones would thank you for it!

ALTHEA Petal Velvet Set | S$17.10 <Shop here>

This set contains one my favourite product that I’ve tried this year, which is the Petal Sunaway so it’s no surprise that I have included it my shopping guide. I’m in the midst of writing my in depth review on possibly the best sunscreen I have used up to date, do look out for that review but what I can say, is that I’d highly recommend getting that.

Besides the sunscreen, the set also allows you to select one Petal Velvet Powder of your choice. Althea have also released new variations of their powder in three different shades now, #0 (white shade) and #23 (brown shade) and #PinkLavender (pink shade) which leaves you spoilt of choices really.


COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner | S$18.00 <Shop here>

I’ve heard many raving reviews about this toner, which is why it’s on my list. This toner is formulated using a mix of AHA (from apple fruit water) and BHA (from willow bark water); a mild but effective toner that helps to exfoliates away dead skin cells and remove impurities. By doing this, it actually  work to prevent the formation of whiteheads and blackheads too. 

The best part has to be that it’s a spray toner type of dispenser which is actually way more convenient than having to pour it out. Talk about extreme convenience that I’d welcome any day in my regime.

ALTHEA Fresh Skin Detoxer Set | S$25.00 <Shop here>

This 10-second, 2-in-1 cleanser pack has been a staple in my beauty regime, so much so that it feels weird if I didn’t use it for a day. The set comes with both the Rose and Green Tea, which is perfect as the rose is designed to for day use and the green tea for the night one. The rose one smells amazing to start the day with using it, and mhmm, the green tea is so soothing, plus calming to end the day with.


DEAR, KLAIRS Supple Preparation Facial Toner | S$29.00 <Shop here>

Yet another highly raved product and this is the moisturizing toner gives the skin a boost of hydration! I never did realise the importance of using a toner until of course I was introduced to it and the myriad of benefits it has to your skin. It actually helps to transform your complexion into the perfect canvas for your favourite skin care products to work their magic.  This I found to be true in my usage of other toner and which explains why a toner is also a staple in my regime.

LANEIGE Mini Sleeping Mask Set with Basic Sample Kit | S$32.00 <Shop here>

I know Laneige is most famous for its Water Sleeping Mask which I have personally used and loved, so I can imagine how this gift would be perfect for fans of Laneige sleeping masks. This is as the set comes in a size of 25ml with three different variants of the sleeping mask range; Original, Lavender and Time Freeze. 

This then, allows you to try the different masks instead of committing to buying just that one product and being stuck using it just to finish it. That is why it’s also the prefect gift for your loved ones. In addition, this set comes with Basic Care Sample Kit in trial sizes too. More freebies and products to try!

WISHTREND Pure Vitamin C 21.5% Advanced Serum | S$41.00 <Shop here>

Although there is not many reviews on this product, I’ve been recommended to use this product in hopes of lightening my acne and pimple scars. The vitamin serum aims to improve overall skin tone and texture. It contains higher % of vitamin C in it, which makes it very concentrated but it will not cause irritation to the skin.

I’m certainly intrigued to try this product out and I believe it’ll make a good gift for anyone whom is looking to address the very same problem I’m facing. In fact, it also helps to improve the overall complexion too so every lady out there would definitely want that!


MISSHA The First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist | S$41.00 <Shop here>

I’ve always wanted to try this product and there is a solid reason why myself and the 230+ other customers whom left a review on Althea did too. This essence works to deeply hydrate from within, going deep into the layers to plump them up. The result is skin that is rejuvenated and hydrated, with improvements to skin tone and fine lines. This product have been compared to SK-II one which is probably about 8x the price but apparently, this works just the same!

There is no surprise then on which the ladies’ preference to purchase and use from. I’ve just ordered this and am pretty stoked to try it to share the results with you all!

xoxo,
till next time.










No comments:

Post a Comment