Nail Art: Matte Black with Glossy French Tip

IMG_1394

You would have probably seen this nail art around, it was been done quite a number of times not only because it was uniquely nice but also because it’s superbly easy to do. All you’ll need for this simple nail art is a good black nail polish, matte top coat and a shiny top coat. :) Read on, I’ll post up the steps to this nail art.

ysllooknoel2011_thumb

Before I go on, I think this nail art was probably inspired YSL Duo Terriblement Noir black nail polishes. This was from the YSL Holiday Collection back in 2011. I absolutely love the matte black polish from YSL, read more about it here.

IMG_1398

Anyway, back to the nail art, in addition to the three items I mention above, you’ll need some cello tape or scotch tape or stickers. For this manicure, I used The Face Shop's BK901 , Seche Vite Top Coat and  Essence's Matt Top Coat. You can click on the links for my reviews. :)

* * * * * * * * *

Step 1: Paint your nails using black nail polish and finish it off with a top coat. Please allow it time to dry completely.

Step 2: Then, stick the cello tape just slightly over the tips of the nails.

Step 3: Paint your nails with the matte top coat. Wait till it is dry before removing the sticker.

* * * * * * * * *

And that’s it! It’s so simple. :) But just a note though, if you’re using Essence's Matt Top Coat, you may see that a thin white line between the matte and the shiny region. Need not worry about that because it is only temporary. If you cannot wait, then you can lightly scrap it off.

IMG_1401

IMG_1408

I hope you found the short tutorial useful, if you tried the nail art out, I would love to see them :) Thank you for reading this post, and do look out for more nail art. You can check the rest of my manicures here on Facebook or read about them here on my blog.

3 comments:

  1. I did a blue version of this but black definitely looks better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love matte nails too. Illamasqua have some with this kind of finish. As others have mentioned though the best product for this is a matte top coat so you can make any shade have this finish, I must invest!Matte nail polish

    ReplyDelete